Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Keyboard vs Guitar

Which one is it?
Which one of 'em makes listening to music more pleasant? Is it the strumming sound of the guitar or is it the soothing melody of the piano keys?
True, that rock music mainly means the grunging sound of the electric guitar with the strumming of the orthodox acoustic guitar but...doesn't the sweet sound of piano make it all the more better? Well, to some like me, yes it does..but to most of the youth today...sadly, it doesn't. They think rock music starts and ends with guitar, bass and drums...nothing else.
People need to be rekindled that music was first made and heard on pianos only. Beethoven, Mozart...every founder and developer of music did it through the black and white keys.
And I am not saying it because I am a keyboard player myself...I am saying it because I am a MUSIC lover...not only a rock lover.
If you don't agree with me, try listening to music unbiased..and you will start agreeing with me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

dude.. nice topic to start with...
i would agree with you if it would have been titles PIANO vs Guitar.. bu as far as keyboard is considered.. i say guitar wins.. thatz cause.. keyboards are way too electrified as compared to the guitar.. but if you take a piano or even a clavinova.. i'll say.. guitar comes no where close

Sarthak said...

electrified as in?
see, my point is...with the keyboard at your disposal u have a lot of options with you while composing music. A genuinely good song will have either strings or piano or something pertaining to keyboard...well, if not all then almost all good songs have used the keyboard or the piano.
but it doesn't hold true for guitar...and the biggest example is My Immortal